What you’ll need!:
- Solvent: Acetone (nail polish remover). Some people use Everclear. You can get it at a liquor store and it is a more organic method because it’s made for human consumption, haven’t tested this out yet.
- One small glass bottle
- Small glass dish (pyrex is good)
- The Herb
- Decarboxylate the weed. There are several ways to do this and I have listed 3 below.
- Place the herb on a glass or foil plate in oven to 325°F for 5 minutes.
- Mix weed with water and boil. Allow to boil in watter slurry for 2 hours. Allow water to evaporate. Dry the leaf material at low heat.
- Microwave weed for 5 minutes
- Grind the weed
- Mix the weed and the acetone into a little glass bottle. Use about twice the amount of liquid as the volume of weed in the bottle.
- Seal the bottle, shake and store in a dark place for a couple days for THC to combine with the acetone. (light decomposes the the so avoid any as much as possible) Acetone will have turned a darkish greenish brownish color. The darker the substance the more THC. Also, the longer you leave the herb soaking the better. If you’re using isopropyl alcohol instead of acetone you should let it soak for a week. The purer the acetone the better, purity is usually located on the label. Try to get the highest amount.
WARNING ACETONE IS HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Make sure you keep away from any area that would expose the chemicals to sparks, heat or flames.
- Carefully pour out the liquid into a shallow dish. Avoid pouring any weed on to the dish.
- Place the dish in a dark but well ventilated area to allow the acetone to evaporate.
WARNING ACETONE IS HIGHLY FLAMMABLE: Make sure you keep away from any area that would expose the chemicals to sparks, heat or flames. There are many reports of people catching themselves on fire and damaging property. Bake and be baked.
- When acetone has evaporated you will have a very oily, sticky, dark substance left, aka. Your hash oil! You can get rid of any excess water that remains on top.
- Scrape it from the dish (harder than it looks), I like to use a sharp round knife to scrape the dark resin. Be patient, this step takes a long time because of the hash oils’ sticky nature.
Time to blaze!
According to prior experiences the weight of the hash oil is usually about 1/10th of the original weight of the herb.
This is just one way to make hash oil, and I would like to thank “Coelho” on the Cannibus forums for this tutorial. There are many different ways to make hash oil and if you feel you have an alternative way or would like to provide suggestions; please enter them in the comments below. Thanks!
How To Make Hash Oil With Butane:
I have posted a video below that shows another method of using hash oil.